I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. RL Stevenson

What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare? Welsh poet, William Henry Davies

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Following the Senegal RIver


Friday 14 January
Travel to Podor
More long distance transport to travel down to lovely Podor - on the Senegal river. The historic river boat Bou El Mogdad is moored here in anticipation of resuming a historic service plying the river. Men are playing Petanque outside the auberge and as I walk the streets, it takes me a while to realise the absence of cars & motorbikes here. Only the sounds of birds and people chatting. Friendly locals - no chanting of tuobob here!. Return from a lovely dinner to find the auberge closed – I had wondered what time they closed up. After a few “mon frere, mon frere”calls to the upstairs rooms I gain admittance. A fine print notice in my room announces wi-fi - unbelieveable!

No comments :