I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. RL Stevenson

What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare? Welsh poet, William Henry Davies

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Monday 20 Dec 2010


Flying out to Bangkok tonight &I am oh so nervous I can hardly finish packing. I have way too much to fit into my pack and I want to take it all and time is running out. We work out a way to attach the tent to the front of my pack and the sleeping back to the bottom. Still a few things left over - Kyle offers to post them over to me when I can send an address.  
All packed and calling into Marg Bourke's home to farewell friends Greg Sargent & Peter Thompson as they leave work for new positions next year.. Very, very nervous now, all the way to Melbourne Airport.
Lining up @ the internet check in & read the 'one piece of hand luggage' notice. I reason with Kyle that one bag is my laptop bag, one bag is my handbag & the other is my carry on. He is very disbelieving, and carries one bag so I don't look too much like a pack camel! It worked and I get away with 3 carry ons....
Have I mentioned that I am so, so nervous & oh so sad to be leaving my gorgeous partner Terry & son Kyle. I place my trust in the lap of the Gods for their health, well being & happiness. As for me, well I'm just plain nutty! Onto the flight to Bangkok with Thai Airways to be served dinner @ midnight and then breakfast @ 6am Melb time in time for landing in Bangkok @ 4.20am Thai time !!

No comments :